Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple phone is in hand of wrong person and he has the passcod . I donot want to rmove all data on that phone as my data is more than my latest back up and if I do so I will lose rest of them . I just wanna change screen lock when I put the phone o

My Apple phone is in hand of wrong person and he has the passcod . I donot want to rmove all data on that phone as my data is more than my latest back up and if I do so I will lose rest of them . I just wanna change screen lock when I put the phone on lost mode ... because now when I do so he can simply unlock with the current screen lock and use the phone , if I can change it he will bring the phone back to me . Please help me sort it out

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 6:14 PM

3 replies

Dec 9, 2017 6:59 PM in response to Amanvakili

I agree with you but

How can you both agree with me and dispute the answer? Sorry you don't like the answer.

Lost Mode uses the existing passcode.

There is no other way. An iPhone is a very secure device. This is part of that.

If the passcode could be changed with your Apple ID and password, it could be "stolen" from you if your account is ever compromised. Device security and account security are two separate features. They are not connected in any way.

If you know who has the device, take action on that knowledge.

My Apple phone is in hand of wrong person and he has the passcod . I donot want to rmove all data on that phone as my data is more than my latest back up and if I do so I will lose rest of them . I just wanna change screen lock when I put the phone o

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.