Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audio of mp4 file created with iOS screen recorder can't be heard in Chrome

When I use Chrome to open this MP4 file at screenRecording2.MP4 - Google Drive that was created on an iPhone 7 using iOS 11.1.2's new Screen Recording app, I cannot hear the audio. I can open the same file with Safari and the audio plays fine. I scanned this file with the media validator app from http://www.jongbel.com/automated-validation/ and it reported the following issues with the .MP4 file:

Warning: [897] tkhd incorrect duration. TrackID = 2. Edits duration = 1043767, TrackHeader duration = 1521157. Atom/Box path:moov-trak[2] -tkhd (Offset: 0x00000000007C9A98)

Warning: [897] tkhd incorrect duration. TrackID = 3. Edits duration = 1799168, TrackHeader duration =1801841. Atom/Box path:moov-trak[3] -tkhd (Offset: 0x00000000007CAE18)

I've had multiple friends send me video files and about 20% of the ones from people saying that they used iOS's new screen recorder exhibit this same issue. (None of the video files from other sources have this problem which is why I suspect the problem is an iOS bug.)

iPhone 7, iOS 11.1.2

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 8:04 PM

There are no replies.

audio of mp4 file created with iOS screen recorder can't be heard in Chrome

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.