Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacPro early 2006 not connecting to monitors

My MacPro early 2006 (an "obsolete" machine according to Apple support, but loaded with hard-to-replace programs) is not connecting through DVI to either one of two monitors. The machine turns on but the monitors receive no signal. The local repair shop said (sight unseen) that there were different possibilities for the malfunction. Can somebody suggest ways to narrow it down? Thanks.

Mac Pro, Early 2008, early 2006, late 2013

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 8:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 6:59 PM

If you had another Mac to use with it, you could enable screen sharing on the Mac that is now dark, and connect from another Mac and look around to see whether the attached screens are recognized or not.

This could help you decide whether the graphics card had died, a common problem.

4 replies

Dec 10, 2017 7:15 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Thanks kahjot and Grant Bennet-Alder. I have three more Macs...

From what I understand about screen sharing, there are two problems. One, only one computer can be connected to the Internet at one time. Another, since there is no monitor connection, I cannot do anything on the troubled Mac beyond turning it on. Am I understanding this right?

MacPro early 2006 not connecting to monitors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.