Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail

Hi

I have an apple email , I deccide to add another email address so that I could access them in one place.

but now the mails seem to be mixed up . When I send an email from the email I have just added itsend a copy to my apple email . So now I have a number of copies of the same email , in sent box and then coming back to me in the other email

If I delete the copy coming back to me it also deletes it from the other email

Help

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 7:23 PM

5 replies

Dec 9, 2017 7:56 PM in response to Apple help please

Check Mail to make sure you aren't sending yourself an automatic CC/BCC copy.

Try rebuilding the mailbox.

Rebuild mailbox

If that doesn't work, try re-indexing the mailboxes. This can take awhile if you have a lot of mail.

Reindex messages For El Capitan, try looking in V3. Sierra use V4. High Sierra use V5.

Reindex messages (2) See post by Linc Davis

There is only one file in Snow Leopard.

Dec 10, 2017 6:52 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric

thanks for getting back to me , I thnk I may have mislead you

On my Mac I use apple mail and have done for a number of years.

My husband has his own email , this is the one that I recently added , so that I can pick his mails up easily.

Now when I go to my mail on the left side it now shows my iCloud account and my husbands google account .

but they are not separate, they list like this all the way down

Inbox

Icloud

google

Drafts

Sent

On My Mac

icloud

google

I thought that when I added his account, that it would show below my account separately.

When he sends emails from his account on his iPad ( he either uses the mobile website or gmail app) they appear on my Mac in the Archive !!!!

Should I just remove his account

Thanks

Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.