Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Safari unable to upload photos in Facebook.

OS X 10.11 and Safari. The latest security update was just installed. Unable to upload photos as part of a Facebook post. It worked before applying the security update. Google Chrome works fine. Attempts to rectify the problem include installing the current version of Flash and the current version of Java. Confirmed that both were toggled ON in Websites preferences within Safari.

OBS,iMac (24-inch Early 2008), OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Yep, same here. I suspect Facebook fixed something.

Posted on

Dec 10, 2017 7:56 AM in response to wardo64 In response to wardo64

Yes, exactly the same thing here, my wife has been trying to upload photos since yesterday without success, changed to using Google Chrome browser and it works as expected. Problem only existes since updating to OS High Sierra 10.13.2 on 6th Dec both on a MacBook Pro and iMac.

Dec 10, 2017 7:56 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 10, 2017 12:39 PM in response to Steve_V In response to Steve_V

On my iMac I run El Capital 10.11.6 and on my MacBook Pro I run Sierra , I have not upgraded to High Sierra. I also have on both the latest Safari updates. So maybe it's not High Sierra the problem , but my guess it's Safari. I downloaded Firefox and I can upload to FB with no problems.

Dec 10, 2017 12:39 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 10, 2017 4:20 PM in response to wardo64 In response to wardo64

Many people are having this problem and no one has posted a fix yet.

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner.

Click here to send Feedback

Dec 10, 2017 4:20 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 11, 2017 8:30 AM in response to tscacro In response to tscacro

I appreciate everyone's input! However, I have a 2008 iMac running OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) that has only 4GB RAM. This is the reason why I never installed the ever so RAM hungry 10.12. So Apple updates applied to OS X 10.12 do not solve my problem even though it's interesting to note that some users of 10.12 are having the same problem. I'm certain the 11.0.2 update to Safari that was applied when I installed Security Update 2017-005 is the culprit as all third party browsers work just fine.

Dec 11, 2017 8:30 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 11, 2017 6:57 PM in response to Eric Root In response to Eric Root

I wish I could tell you why, but tonight the FB problem has ceased. I am now able to post as normal to FB. I did update with the 10.13.2 early this morn, but afterwards I still could not use the FB with Safari for posting photos. ???

Dec 11, 2017 6:57 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: wardo64

Question: Safari unable to upload photos in Facebook.