Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with alerts on sms messages

I have an iPhone SE on 11.2 iOS. It is about 9 months old and this problem was occurring when I was back on iOS 10. Intermittently it fails to alert me when I receive sms text messages. It had just about quit alerting at all and then I changed my messages alert tone and it seemed to have starting working better?? Anyone encountered a problem like this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help. Thanks , Brad King

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 9:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 9:35 AM

Hey The_BK_Man,

It sounds like you've been having notification issues with your iPhone since you were using iOS 10. Not getting your messages in a timely fashion can really be an issue and I'd like to help make sure this is working as it should. When you specify SMS messages, is it because you don't have this issue with contacts that use iMessage? If this occurs with all contacts, have you checked to see if you have DoNotDisturb enabled for these contacts?

You'll also want to make sure your Notification settings are setup correctly as well. Check out the link below to adjust this to a setting that works best for you.
Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Let me know if you notice a change.

Regards
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2017 9:35 AM in response to The_BK_Man

Hey The_BK_Man,

It sounds like you've been having notification issues with your iPhone since you were using iOS 10. Not getting your messages in a timely fashion can really be an issue and I'd like to help make sure this is working as it should. When you specify SMS messages, is it because you don't have this issue with contacts that use iMessage? If this occurs with all contacts, have you checked to see if you have DoNotDisturb enabled for these contacts?

You'll also want to make sure your Notification settings are setup correctly as well. Check out the link below to adjust this to a setting that works best for you.
Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Let me know if you notice a change.

Regards

Problem with alerts on sms messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.