Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 3 series gps side squares on screen?

I have had my Apple Watch 3 (gps only) for about 3 days now and I noticed that the side of the screen starts to show some squares like if it’s reaction to body heat or sweat, etc. If I breath out on the screen It shows all those squares even more evidently (on the side of the screen). It usually goes way when I’m not wearing it, but it stays there and doesn’t wipe off while it’s been worn. I’m not sure of exactly what it is. Is anybody else experiencing this?

It does not look like the little lines previously noted as a defect back in October 2017. I was told by Apple to take my watch back to the place I bought it from and get a new one there.

Please see photo. Any thought? At first, I was worried that maybe my Watch is not fully sealed, but it might be a reaction of external factors on the screen, like my sweat or body heat. Either way, I don’t think this is normal. I just hope when I exchange it that the other one won’t do the same thing.

User uploaded file

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 4.2

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 11:05 PM

2 replies

Dec 10, 2017 5:09 AM in response to annajd2010

Hi

As you are concerned about a potential defect, I suggest that you contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your Apple Watch to be checked and to establish any available service options:

Dec 11, 2017 3:09 AM in response to Jonathan UK

I have already gone to Apple and they told me to return the watch at the same place I have purchased the watch. Otherwise, they would only send it in for a repair and I would be without the watch for 2 weeks. It’s a brand new watch, so I don’t like the repair option. I am going to return the watch and get another one I hope it doesn’t do the same thing.

<Edited by Host>

Apple Watch 3 series gps side squares on screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.