Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Login without password

iMac late 2013, MacOS High Sierra 10.13.1

I have password on my user account. And I don't need to enter my password after sleep-mode, desktop loading automatically.

Why? This is security question.

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 10:28 PM

6 replies

Dec 10, 2017 6:21 AM in response to MishaRoss

Sometimes after long sleep-mode (maybe all night) my iMac may start-up by itself. I didn't touch mouse or keyboard, but it just loading my desktop.

Do you have it set to automatically log into your account on startup?

Your description sounds like it may be crashing and restarting while sleeping. If so, you might find a kernel panic log in /Library/Logs/Diagnostic Reports. The name of the log will begin with Kernel.

There is this thread: Re: Sleep Wake Failure: Reboots only after upgrading to High Sierra

Dec 10, 2017 4:06 AM in response to dialabrain

Sometimes after long sleep-mode (maybe all night) my iMac may start-up by itself. I didn't touch mouse or keyboard, but it just loading my desktop.

I can block the screen for 5 minute, come back, press any button and here is my desktop without password, but no program react. I need to press power button to activate sleep-mode again, press button and now I can enter password.

Login without password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.