Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery swap with iPhone 7 Plus

I have an iPhone 8 Plus and the battery life is great, but obviously it’s only going to go down, in let’s say 3 years, would I be able to swap my current battery for a 7 Plus battery? I know that the 7 plus battery is larger than the 8 plus. So it would increase battery life, right? Is this even possible?

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 10:55 PM

2 replies

Dec 9, 2017 11:13 PM in response to carboy40

As for possibility, that's something that I can't answer. What I can answer is that, it might not be necessary to do that. Unless you are in the believe that a cell phone's "life cycle" is 24 months (based on subsidizing a phone). My girlfriend had a iPhone 4 and the battery still lasted in that, her mother is now using it.

As for battery life, I can say this. Everyone uses their phones differently and has different settings applied. If you're of the belief that this increases battery life, you are sorely mistaken. I can make my battery last between 15-24 hours, maybe more with my use. That's my opinion.

Battery swap with iPhone 7 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.