Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does a number I blocked, still coming through on messages and calls

I’ve blocked a number by going to the number, deleted it, hit block contact. And still receive calls texts. Why do the calls text still come through

Posted on Dec 9, 2017 10:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 9:45 AM

Hello daniellesonya.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I'm understanding correctly, you attempted to block a number from contacting you however, you are still receiving calls and messages. I will be happy to help you with this.

You mentioned that you deleted the number then hit Block Caller. In order for your iPhone to block the number, it must have the phone number attached to the contact.

Please go back to the contact, tap Edit, and re-add the phone number, which should correct this.

For more information on blocking number and contacts, see the following article:

Block phone numbers and contacts on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
Please note:

When you block a phone number or contact, they can still leave a voicemail, but you won't get a notification. Messages won't be delivered. Also, the contact won't get a notification that the call or message was blocked.

Cheers.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2017 9:45 AM in response to daniellesonya

Hello daniellesonya.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I'm understanding correctly, you attempted to block a number from contacting you however, you are still receiving calls and messages. I will be happy to help you with this.

You mentioned that you deleted the number then hit Block Caller. In order for your iPhone to block the number, it must have the phone number attached to the contact.

Please go back to the contact, tap Edit, and re-add the phone number, which should correct this.

For more information on blocking number and contacts, see the following article:

Block phone numbers and contacts on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
Please note:

When you block a phone number or contact, they can still leave a voicemail, but you won't get a notification. Messages won't be delivered. Also, the contact won't get a notification that the call or message was blocked.

Cheers.

why does a number I blocked, still coming through on messages and calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.