Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra stopped working on mac mini 2014 after using it for a while

Hi, I've installed High Sierra since a few month and used it. It was sometime slow but it worked. I still have over 250 GB free space available.

This morning, my mac won't boot. The loading bar stop moving near the end and stay stuck. My computer automatically start at 7 am and when i got back from work around 5 pm, it was still stuck.

• I unplugged everything except the keyboard and ethernet cable;
  • unplugged the power cord, waited a few minutes;
  • resetted the pram;
  • restarted in recovery mode and did First Aid (for what it worth) and according to that everything is fine;
  • tried re-installing High Sierra and still, it get stuck on restart;
  • safe mode won't start either.

My backup is not up to date but most of my important stuff is on a cloud drive. Is there something else i can do besides First Aid?

Thanks

Mac mini (Late 2014), macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), no fusion drive

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 5:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply
10 replies

Dec 11, 2017 1:09 AM in response to Eric Root

None of the above guides work as they assume my mac starts. I clicked the 10.13.2 update and ever since, the update progress stalls at 100% after reboot. there is no login screen. i can option click when powering on but that doesnt do much. safe mode doesnt work. this has to be another screwup update from apple considering i did a clean install with high sierra.

High Sierra stopped working on mac mini 2014 after using it for a while

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.