Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After using Bootcamp!!

I have 3 HFS_Untitled that I can't get rid of. One of which has one 2.7GB on it. Theres no files on them, thankfully. I just don't know how to get rid of them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jamie078

(PS I have added a screenshot to let you see what I mean)

User uploaded file

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.1)

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 1:29 AM

1 reply

Dec 11, 2017 2:30 PM in response to Jamie078

Hello Jamie078,

I see that you created separate partitions to prepare your Mac for Windows install using Boot Camp. If you did not complete the install and would prefer to use the Mac, I can certainly understand wanting to reclaim your storage space and I can show you how. You can simply go back into Boot Camp Assistant and remove those partitions. The link below explains how.

Set up a Windows partition on your Mac

Remove the partition

Use Boot Camp Assistant to safely remove Windows and the Windows partition from your Mac, restoring your startup drive to a single Mac partition. You may want to back up your information first, because removing the partition erases all of the data it contains.

1. Open Boot Camp Assistant.
  2. Select “Remove Windows 7 or later version," then click Continue.
  3. Do one of the following:
    • If your Mac has a single internal disk, click Restore.
    • If your Mac has multiple internal disks, select the Windows disk, select “Restore disk to a single OS X partition,” then click Continue.
Hope this helps.

Cheers

After using Bootcamp!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.