Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts missing from contacts app

Hi, I have installed the latest version of iOS 11.2 on my iPhone SE and suddenly the contacts in my phone has gone missing that too from the contacts app itself (a system default app).

iPhone is first and foremost a phone and If I can’t even access the very basic functionality of a phone from an iPhone than you guys should probably drop the “phone” part from iPhone and call it iSuck or something else.

Basic features and apps like contacts should work out of the box and if you guys can’t even make sure it works and users themselves have to diagnose such basic issues, I am not sure why you guys are even building software, get a new job instead that doesn’t involve making software! “iJewellery” anyone?

This will be the last iPhone I will be buying as I no longer have faith in the apple brand. Good luck!

User uploaded file

iPhone SE, iOS 11.2, null

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 12:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 3:13 PM

Hi Navaneet,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like you updated iOS on your iPhone and the contacts are missing from the Contacts app. One reason this can happen is if the contacts were being synced through iCloud and after the update contacts were disabled in the iPhone settings.

Turn off iCloud Contacts, Calendar, or Reminders and turn it back on

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud. (If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud.)
  2. Slide to turn off Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders.
  3. If you see your calendars or reminders on iCloud.com or any of your devices, you can choose Delete from My [device]. If not, choose Keep on My [device].
  4. Wait a few minutes, then turn on Contacts, Calendar, or Reminders again.

Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders

Cheers.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2017 3:13 PM in response to Navaneet

Hi Navaneet,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like you updated iOS on your iPhone and the contacts are missing from the Contacts app. One reason this can happen is if the contacts were being synced through iCloud and after the update contacts were disabled in the iPhone settings.

Turn off iCloud Contacts, Calendar, or Reminders and turn it back on

1. Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud. (If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud.)
  2. Slide to turn off Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders.
  3. If you see your calendars or reminders on iCloud.com or any of your devices, you can choose Delete from My [device]. If not, choose Keep on My [device].
  4. Wait a few minutes, then turn on Contacts, Calendar, or Reminders again.

Get help using iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders

Cheers.

Contacts missing from contacts app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.