Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad orientation keeps jamming

Original iPad Air. Latest iOS.

Since the last iOS update (I think), I find that my iPad orientation keeps getting jammed. Which is to say that it appears to be stuck in whatever orientation I was using it in. The only way to get back to normal behaviour is to force reboot, which gets tiresome pretty quickly!

Has anyone else seen this? Do the gyroscopes in iPads get flakey after a while, or is this more likely to be some kind of software problem?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 2:03 AM

3 replies

Dec 13, 2017 7:00 AM in response to Diana.McCall

Well, everything seemed ok after I installed 11.2, but just last night I had problems with it again. First the display "insisted" on rotating to an upside down position - I normally have the Home button on the left, but wanted it the other way around to allow for the power cable being plugged in. But the display would only show in the "normal" orientation. Then it stuck there and wouldn't rotate to Portrait mode when I switched to my Kindle app. I had to restart the iPad to get rotation to work gain. 😟

iPad orientation keeps jamming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.