Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bug within Mac OS Sierra?

Since updating my Mac to OS Sierra I’ve been having problems. Firstly my keyboard is not functioning as it should be. It will all of a sudden start typing symbols, caps lock won’t work neither will space and sometimes other keys won’t work. Caps lock light turns on when using a USB keyboard. But sometimes symbols will stil type using that. iTunes won’t play music sometimes too. It will just have a message about clearing the next list of songs. When you click okay it still won’t play. I have erased the hard drive, and re installed Mac OS Sierra. I have checked all settings for keyboard. HELP

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 5:13 AM

13 replies

Dec 10, 2017 7:37 AM in response to LizSharma

Restart the computer holding down the command - option/alt - P - R keys before the gray screen appears. Continue to hold until you hear the startup chime for the second time. You may need to do this 2-3 times.

Reset NVRAM/PRAM

Try a SMC reset. The article covers when this is required, but doing this will not affect anything.

Reset SMC

If your wireless or USB keyboard doesn't work

Keyboard Doesn’t Work

Dec 10, 2017 6:44 AM in response to LizSharma

Next time you turn on your mac, go to About This Mac > System Report... > USB

And see if there's anything weird.

Also check System Settings > Keyboard > Input Sources

Also check the other tabs for anything unusual.

If you don't find anything consider running https://EtreCheck.com

It's free and doesn't ask permission/install anything. It will run a system report looking for anything unusual.

If you copy/paste the results here we can check for problems. Nothing personal is shared.

I think someone from these forums wrote the program.

Bug within Mac OS Sierra?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.