Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

there is no difference between touching and pressing on the home screen button

About a week ago I bought my phone. (iPhone 7plus) My phone notification settings are set to "Settings -> Notifications -> preview -> when unlocked".

In the first days, when I was in the lock screen of the phone, I could see the notification contents by touching the home screen button. So I did not have to press the home screen button, just touch. The contents of the notifications on the screen saver were visible as the lock was unlocked. The notification bar at the top also wrote a notification that the screen was unlocked.

I made some changes in my settings so that my phone is new and this mechanism changed after some changes. Now there is no difference between touching and pressing on the home screen button. Either way, the screen is fully opened and the screensaver comes out. If so, I see either the last application on the screen or the icons on the home screen. I need to go back to the notification screen or open it to see the notification content.

How do I get back to my initial settings?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 4:13 AM

8 replies

Dec 10, 2017 4:44 AM in response to ProustGiulio

I already read the page you mentioned, but unfortunately I could not find the answer there.

To give a concrete example; Normally, when the screen lock is active, the notification screen shows only "a message arrived" but it does not show who sent the message or the contents, because I have not opened the screen lock yet. When I touched the home screen button, the "lock icon" at the top of the screen change to "opened lock icon" and I could see the notification contents.

But now this is not happening.

Dec 10, 2017 5:08 AM in response to ProustGiulio

I guess I can not really tell the problem. I apologize for my inadequate English.

The problem I'm talking about is not really application-specific. It's about iOS and interface.

My problem is opening the lock screen when I touch the home screen key. I want: Open the lock screen when I press the home screen key. If I touch it, do not open the lock screen and just show the contents of the notification.

I hope I can tell the difference between touching and pressing(pushing).

That's how I used it in the factory settings, as I said. So I do not want anything that is not actually there.

there is no difference between touching and pressing on the home screen button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.