Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When will the High Sierra random shutdown bug be fixed?

I've used Macs since the Fat Mac right at the beginning and have never downgraded to older system software, but High Sierra's random shutdown bug is going to cause me to downgrade if it's not fixed in the past few days. It renders my MacBook Pro useless when it goes through a stretch of shutting down every 10-15 minutes. I know it's a known issue because of a recent call to tech support. This ought to be Apple's top High Sierra priority right now, but the latest High Sierra update doesn't say anything about fixing this problem. About to update anyway.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 5:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 5:17 AM

If there is a "random shutdown bug" there's no telling when it may be fixed. We are all users here and have no inside info on what Apple is working on.

Personally I have High Sierra installed on 4 different Macs, 2 iMacs, a MacBook Air and a MacBook and have never had a random shutdown.

4 replies

Dec 15, 2017 5:52 PM in response to Steve Mouzon

I have a late 2015 Mac book Pro Retina 15inch.
I upgraded to High Sierra.
I upgraded to 10.13.2

I had to Downgrade to latest Sierra release.

As of today they do not have a fix for the issue. The constant restarts on my machine that I left with no other software on it but High Sierra itself. Just Shows that The OS is not stable and needs fixes!

When will the High Sierra random shutdown bug be fixed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.