Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail preferences panel blank

In High Sierra tried to open mail preferences but the panel is blank.

I see a previous solution was to click a 'pill shaped button in the top right of the panel' but this does not exist in my panel. I have tried clicking around incase it is completely invisible but no joy.

Any suggestions?

Roloat

iMac11,3, Mac OS X (10.6.5), Mem 6Gb

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 2:54 AM

2 replies

Dec 11, 2017 12:38 PM in response to SiriusStudio

Hello SiriusStudio,

I see that you're getting a blank page when opening your Mail preferences. I can understand your concern and I'd be happy to look into this with you.

Let's start by having you start up into safe mode and see if the issue remains:

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac
If the issue remains while in safe mode, the next thing you can do is test on another user account:
How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac
Let me know how this goes.
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

Jan 4, 2018 5:12 AM in response to SiriusStudio

Hi SiriusStudio.

I have exactly the same problem.

Mail Preferences only displays an empty box on screen.

I've tried everything I've read including opening in Safe Mode and testing in a new user account. The preferences DO work in the other user account but not mine. Also I don't have the Home/library/preferences com.apple.mail.plist file that several people have mentioned But this also wasn't present for the user I set up and which did get the Preference pane.

Have you resolved the problem, and if so, how?

Regards

Mail preferences panel blank

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.