Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can I not add my Walmart Visa card to Apple Pay

Walmart visa card is a green dot card why can I not add it to my Apple wallet Apple Pay is a green dot card as well so I don’t understand I tried to I was able to add my account number and routing number for my Walmart green dot card but it would not allow me to add the debit card which is also uses a credit card

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 3:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 6:01 AM

Hi

In order to be able to add a card to Apple Pay, the card must be a supported card from a participating issuer.

Not all cards that are issued by any given participating issuer are necessarily supported for use with Apple Pay.

The decision regarding which cards are supported rests with each issuer. Apple does not publish a list of supported cards. To find out whether your card is supported for Apple Pay, you can either:

• Contact the issuer (the information may also be published on their website).
  • Try adding the card (you will be advised if it cannot be added).

More information:

Set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Get help adding cards to Apple Pay - Apple Support

Apple Pay participating banks in Canada and the United States - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2017 6:01 AM in response to Missbell81

Hi

In order to be able to add a card to Apple Pay, the card must be a supported card from a participating issuer.

Not all cards that are issued by any given participating issuer are necessarily supported for use with Apple Pay.

The decision regarding which cards are supported rests with each issuer. Apple does not publish a list of supported cards. To find out whether your card is supported for Apple Pay, you can either:

• Contact the issuer (the information may also be published on their website).
  • Try adding the card (you will be advised if it cannot be added).

More information:

Set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Get help adding cards to Apple Pay - Apple Support

Apple Pay participating banks in Canada and the United States - Apple Support

Why can I not add my Walmart Visa card to Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.