Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating junk files Sierra

I had Sierra on my Macbook Pro. App Store suggested me to update to High Sierra. So I downloaded it and clicked install. I reloaded my Mac on the stage when you should agree the terms of policy and etc before installing the update. After rebooting I opened App Store to update it, but it started reload update files again. When it downloaded 50% I noticed smth in the dock. By clicking it I opened updating process. So I agreed with terms and installed the updates. Question that wondering me: Update files already had been downloaded to mac, app store started downloading again, after I updated my mac with previous download, is there "junk files" from the 2nd download? How to check it? It is only 128 gb on my mac, so every mb is precious for me.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 5:08 AM

1 reply

Dec 11, 2017 11:08 AM in response to asafromapple

When it downloaded 50% I noticed smth in the dock. By clicking it I opened updating process. So I agreed with terms and installed the updates.

That sounds kind of suspicious. Please describe what you are seeing in as much detail as you are able to provide. A screenshot would be helpful. To learn how to capture, edit (if necessary) and post a screenshot to this site please refer to the Appendix in Writing an effective Apple Support Communities question.

... after I updated my mac with previous download, is there "junk files" from the 2nd download?

No, but starting your Mac in "Safe Mode" (read below) followed by restarting it normally will delete certain cache files maintained by the system, and may reclaim some precious MB.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

Never use any non-Apple product or utility claiming to "clean" your Mac of "junk". Those things are scams. They are also extremely popular as well as lucrative for their vendors. Don't acquiesce to terms and conditions that you have not read, or don't agree with. They are written to absolve their vendors of all culpability when their junk products wreck your Mac.

Updating junk files Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.