Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Prime Video app - no closed captions

The title says it all. I cannot get closed captions in the new Prime Video app on the 3rd Gen Apple TV. The global setting does not affect it and there is no option for CC in the settings particular to the app.

I'm sure that it's an oversight, but someone has to get the ball rolling. I volunteer!

Regards.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 5:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 7:06 AM

Hi. I suppose you mean Apple TV 4 (black remote), since Apple TV 3 hasn't been updated recently.

Have you tried swiping down on the remote touchpad while a video is playing. You may find caption options for the program there.

Otherwise, this is Amazon's app, not Apple's, so you need to contact them to fix or change it.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2017 7:06 AM in response to sleepr0

Hi. I suppose you mean Apple TV 4 (black remote), since Apple TV 3 hasn't been updated recently.

Have you tried swiping down on the remote touchpad while a video is playing. You may find caption options for the program there.

Otherwise, this is Amazon's app, not Apple's, so you need to contact them to fix or change it.

Dec 12, 2017 6:21 AM in response to sleepr0

OK. It sounds like you've tried everything in the Apple TV 3 section of the link I posted, including holding Select to access the Subtitles options while playing. And I assume you've already restarted the device. There may be some problem between the Apple TV channel implementation and the Amazon servers. Please let Apple know by posting at this link: Feedback - Apple TV - Apple.

Dec 12, 2017 2:14 AM in response to Diana.McCall

While I appreciate your response, Diana, I don't like your assumption that I know nothing about CC and that I don't know which version of Apple TV that I own. I call it an assumption because you didn't bother to check to see if Apple [finally] provided an Amazon Prime app for older versions of Apple TV before saying:

You still assume that I don't know - even though I said:

The global setting does not affect it and there is no option for CC in the settings particular to the app.

This is not user error. It's a bug - or just negligent design.

Thanks again.

Bill D.

Prime Video app - no closed captions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.