Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How do I remove windows from my Mac completely

I want to completely delete the windows software I installed on my mac. I don’t know how despite already searching on the internet. My Mac is a single partition. Please help. Here’s a photo of what’s in my disk utility:

User uploaded file

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 28, 2017 4:33 AM in response to Kevin0208 In response to Kevin0208

Like I said in my original post, you don't have a BOOTCAMP partition, so no Windows 10 installed.

If you want to install Windows 10, you will need to use the Boot Camp Assistant utility in Applications > Utilities >

And create a new partition and install from scratch unless you have an image. You will need a Windows 10 iso to install fresh.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Dec 11, 2017 8:20 AM in response to VikingOSX In response to VikingOSX

Well.... I actually don’t know what exactly happened. I tried to install windows, then when I got to the windows logo, there was an error stating that a problem occurred and the installation of windows couldn’t be continued. I retried a couple off times... problem still persists. So in the end, I switched back to Mac OS. Now.... I can’t even see where the windows disk is in the disk Utility. I don’t even know what happened to my 70GB of storage. I am planning into resetting the hard drive completely, but I can’t....

Dec 11, 2017 8:20 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 11, 2017 8:28 AM in response to Kevin0208 In response to Kevin0208

Launch Boot Camp Assistant from the Applications:Utilities folder. Check only the Install or remove Windows 7 option and click Continue. Choose Restore disk to a single Mac OS partition and click Continue. You will be asked to login with your Administrative username and password.

How to Remove a Windows Boot Camp Partition From Your Mac ...

www.iclarified.com/.../how-to-remove-a-windows-boot-camp-partition-from-your-mac

Dec 11, 2017 8:28 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 11, 2017 8:30 AM in response to munkymajik In response to munkymajik

But for some weird reason, it only lets me install windows, not remove the application. Everytime i enter boot camp assistant (after restarting my Mac many times), it jumps straight away to the section where you can install windows. Here’s screenshots of what it looks like when I enter the boot camp assistant app.

Dec 11, 2017 8:30 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 12, 2017 1:25 PM in response to Kevin0208 In response to Kevin0208

If you want to wipe you drive and loose all of your data, I recommend an internet install.

hold

down option + command + r

continue hold keys until you see something on the screen

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/02/25/how-to-start-up-your-mac-in-internet-rec overy-mode/

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

Dec 12, 2017 1:25 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 13, 2017 9:17 PM in response to Goetia66 In response to Goetia66

windows 10. now when I go to disk utilities, I don't even see the windows disk. also, when I tried installing windows, I couldn't get into the loading screen. it says error, installation couldn't be completed. so I restarted in OS X. and now, for some weird reason, I cant see where the windows disk is.

Dec 13, 2017 9:17 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Helpful

Dec 28, 2017 4:33 AM in response to Kevin0208 In response to Kevin0208

Like I said in my original post, you don't have a BOOTCAMP partition, so no Windows 10 installed.

If you want to install Windows 10, you will need to use the Boot Camp Assistant utility in Applications > Utilities >

And create a new partition and install from scratch unless you have an image. You will need a Windows 10 iso to install fresh.

Dec 28, 2017 4:33 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Dec 14, 2017 10:03 AM in response to Kevin0208 In response to Kevin0208

I suggest you make a genius appointment with an apple store. They should be able to sort out the problem. Or, ignore the whole issue.

https://www.imore.com/support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Dec 14, 2017 10:03 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Kevin0208

Question: How do I remove windows from my Mac completely