Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone x AT&T GSM version same as the SIM free GSM version?

Hey,

I'm coming home to the states for Christmas from Europe. I've been wanting to get an Iphone X to take back with me. I ordered the AT&T GSM unlocked Iphone a couple weeks ago to make sure I would be able to get one (hoping I would be able to put my SIM card in). Now I see Apple is selling it SIM free, so I know my SIM card would work. Are there any differences in the GSM in both these phones? I've heard that the GSM is better in the AT&T phone for Europe than the SIM free one with both GSM and CDMA. Everything I can find on the web shows the same specs for GSM on both Iphones. Since it's such an expensive purchase, I'm looking for any help on the knowledge of this question.

Thank You.

iMac, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 9:40 AM

The sim free is also CDMA and will work on networks such as Verizon and Sprint. It is a more flexible phone as the activation policy on it is supported by Apple and does not depend on any carrier.

For someone planning to use the phone as you intend, the sim free model is the better choice.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2017 9:40 AM in response to Noumi

The sim free is also CDMA and will work on networks such as Verizon and Sprint. It is a more flexible phone as the activation policy on it is supported by Apple and does not depend on any carrier.

For someone planning to use the phone as you intend, the sim free model is the better choice.

Iphone x AT&T GSM version same as the SIM free GSM version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.