Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to deactivate the Apple ID 2 factors authentication

Hello folks,

How can I deactivate in my iPhone 6S the Apple ID 2 factors authentication?

Just like I have with my iMac and another iPhone, I want to use only my Apple ID and password

Thanks Paulo

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), macOS Sierra (10.12.5), Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 3 GB RAM, 232 GB HD, plus 2800 GB exte

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 7:24 AM

Are the 2 phones and the Mac using the same Apple ID? Log in using the link below and then go to the Security section to turn off 2 Factor Authentication.

Apple ID - Manage

There are some exceptions.

Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

You can't turn off two-factor authentication for some accounts created in iOS 10.3 or macOS Sierra 10.12.4 and later. If you created your Apple ID in an earlier version of iOS or macOS, you can turn off two-factor authentication.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2017 7:24 AM in response to pmonnerat

Are the 2 phones and the Mac using the same Apple ID? Log in using the link below and then go to the Security section to turn off 2 Factor Authentication.

Apple ID - Manage

There are some exceptions.

Can I turn off two-factor authentication after I’ve turned it on?

You can't turn off two-factor authentication for some accounts created in iOS 10.3 or macOS Sierra 10.12.4 and later. If you created your Apple ID in an earlier version of iOS or macOS, you can turn off two-factor authentication.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Is it possible to deactivate the Apple ID 2 factors authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.