Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Option to switch off control center missing

Hello, I have looked all over for a solution to this but nobody seems to be having the same problem. On my iPad pro running the latest iOS 11, the option to switch off control center within apps is totally missing. When I go to control center in settings, all I get is the option to customize controls. This is a huge hindrance to me because I draw a lot and in some drawing apps the user interface buttons are at the bottom of the screen, so that when I need to use them, I get control center popping up instead, which is a nightmare. Would be very grateful for some help. Thanks in advance.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 6:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 7:25 AM

Hi. Actually, I think the Dock is popping up, not Control Center. It should only happen if you swipe up from the bottom of the screen, but I agree this can be tricky. Please report this to Apple by posting at this link: Feedback - iPad - Apple.

7 replies

Dec 10, 2017 7:33 AM in response to Diana.McCall

Thanks Diana, I will send feedback.

Actually in Procreate, if I do a swiping motion up from the bottom, both dock and control center will appear, but it only takes a tap or simply touching the lower part with a finger or pencil to make the dock appear and hinder any actions in that area of the screen, making drawing on the whole just about impossible.

Dec 10, 2017 11:04 AM in response to Diana.McCall

Yes, it happens more with a small swipe than a tap, but unfortunately drawing involves strokes, which are interpreted by the iPad as swipes, so unless all my strokes are made downwards, the dock keeps popping up all the time when I'm drawing at the bottom of the screen.

As for the option to switch off control center within apps, it should appear in my settings but doesn't, so I'm wondering whether to uninstall and reinstall iOS 11.

I've already sent feedback to Apple but this seems to be an unusual issue, so I doubt they'll pay it any attention.

Thanks again.

Option to switch off control center missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.