Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Going crazy trying to figure out page numbers

Hello,

I have to email a children's story for a writing competition, and they have asked for a covering letter (1 page), synopsis (1 page), a title page and then the entire body of the text itself to be sent as one pdf document.

So far, so good.

They also want the body of the text numbered. Having followed Word Help's advice, and added a section break on the title page so that only what follows is then numbered, it doesn't seem to want to play ball. I have now ended up with a title page that has a section break (continuous) and a section break (next page) following each other - how? Don't ask - and, to add insult to injury, numbers on the very pages I don't want numbered, i.e. those that precede the main body of the text. Is this making any sense so far?

I've also tried deleting both section breaks so that I can start afresh, but when I hit the delete button - zilch.

I am thinking of abandoning writing children's stories altogether and taking up carpentry, instead...

If there is anyone who can help in a relatively jargon-free manner I would be eternally grateful.

Thank you.

Em (a technophobic dinosaur from the mid-twentieth century working on an ancient MacBook Pro)

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.53 GHz), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), null

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 6:50 AM

3 replies

Dec 10, 2017 7:10 AM in response to empiricalem

This is the Pages for Mac support community, and not an omnivorous word processing support community. As you implied that you were constructing a document with MS Word, and Pages is not mentioned, then MS Word support lives in the Microsoft Support forum.

To narrow your MS Word support responses, click on the Show filters link and adjust the following according to your Word product:

User uploaded file

Going crazy trying to figure out page numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.