Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can the Apple Watch series three connect and properly work with Bluetooth wireless earphones ?

Recently had a pair andbit would connect and only songs from my Apple Watch but had problems so would all of a sudden stop and skip songs or just not play songs at all. Want to know if it was the specific ones or a problem with the watch before I go and buy different ones

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 6:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 6:59 AM

Hi

Yes, it can.

Most - but not all - Bluetooth headphones that use the A2DP Bluetooth profile can be used with Apple Watch for listening to music from it:

Apple does not publish a list of compatible headphones.

Headphones that are least likely to be compatible are those that also offer additional built-in functions such as fitness tracking, a heart rate monitor and/or a built-in media player.

For any such headphones, I suggest that you check with the manufacturer before making a purchase.

You may wish to consider buying AirPods, Beats X or other Apple / Beats products that are able to connect to your iPhone and Apple Watch at the same time, switching between them automatically. For example, in the US:

Headphones & Speakers - Watch Accessories - Apple

In respect of playback issues, it may help to check for any potential sources of wireless interference:

Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2017 6:59 AM in response to Aspieblue

Hi

Yes, it can.

Most - but not all - Bluetooth headphones that use the A2DP Bluetooth profile can be used with Apple Watch for listening to music from it:

Apple does not publish a list of compatible headphones.

Headphones that are least likely to be compatible are those that also offer additional built-in functions such as fitness tracking, a heart rate monitor and/or a built-in media player.

For any such headphones, I suggest that you check with the manufacturer before making a purchase.

You may wish to consider buying AirPods, Beats X or other Apple / Beats products that are able to connect to your iPhone and Apple Watch at the same time, switching between them automatically. For example, in the US:

Headphones & Speakers - Watch Accessories - Apple

In respect of playback issues, it may help to check for any potential sources of wireless interference:

Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference - Apple Support

Can the Apple Watch series three connect and properly work with Bluetooth wireless earphones ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.