Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot Apple ID but only have rescue email address

Hi,

My wife created Apple id for my brother in law in 2015. Unfortunately, one day my brother in law accidentally forgot his passcode and locked his iphone. The only thing that left with my wife just her email as rescue email. She don't even remember what apple id, email, first and last name she created last time for him.

Anyone, please help.

Thank you.

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.2

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 6:55 AM

7 replies

Dec 10, 2017 7:01 AM in response to ditamoxcit

Your BIL will have to contact Apple directly.

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

If the information used to create the ID (first and last name, birthdate, etc) was falsified when the ID was created, it may be impossible to recover the account. In that case, the only way to remove the activation lock on the device will be to provide the original proof of purchase for the device.

Dec 10, 2017 7:21 AM in response to ditamoxcit

ditamoxcit wrote:

i believe my BIL don't have any idea what is Apple ID since he just 10 years old.

You might have mentioned that up front...

If the account was not created using Family Sharing, you're most likely hosed. The only legal way to create an account for someone under the age of 13 is to use family sharing. Falsifying the information to create an account is a federal crime.

Forgot Apple ID but only have rescue email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.