Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to get the battery replaced for my MacBook Pro early 2011? If yes where?

How do I get my battery replaced for MacBook Pro - early 2011. I am told that Apple stores will not carry those parts anymore

iPad, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 9:22 AM

"Where" questions are more easily answered if we have a rough idea of your location. These are international forums and posters come from all over, so we can't simply assume anyone who posts here is in the US. It does you little good if we recommend a vendor or service that is not available where you live.

That said, I would try Apple anyway. This Apple article on battery replacement service includes the word "vintage" in at least one category:

Mac Service Answer Center - Apple Support

It is true that they do not stock service parts for computers that have been discontinued more than five years. However, they may treat batteries differently, especially if the battery model can be used in more that one model of MacBook Pro.

If Apple says "no" be very, very careful. Fake, underperforming and outright dangerous third-party Mac batteries are a huge problem today. Avoid auction site batteries like they were coiled vipers--that is where most of the really cr@p batteries show up. For third-party I trust Other World Computing's offerings (Apple Battery Replacements for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air ). Other senior contributors here have spoken well of Anker brand batteries.

If you do not know the battery, know the vendor, where he lives, and how to get in his house!

I can say with confidence that going cheap on this will not end well.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2017 9:22 AM in response to Suresh59

"Where" questions are more easily answered if we have a rough idea of your location. These are international forums and posters come from all over, so we can't simply assume anyone who posts here is in the US. It does you little good if we recommend a vendor or service that is not available where you live.

That said, I would try Apple anyway. This Apple article on battery replacement service includes the word "vintage" in at least one category:

Mac Service Answer Center - Apple Support

It is true that they do not stock service parts for computers that have been discontinued more than five years. However, they may treat batteries differently, especially if the battery model can be used in more that one model of MacBook Pro.

If Apple says "no" be very, very careful. Fake, underperforming and outright dangerous third-party Mac batteries are a huge problem today. Avoid auction site batteries like they were coiled vipers--that is where most of the really cr@p batteries show up. For third-party I trust Other World Computing's offerings (Apple Battery Replacements for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air ). Other senior contributors here have spoken well of Anker brand batteries.

If you do not know the battery, know the vendor, where he lives, and how to get in his house!

I can say with confidence that going cheap on this will not end well.

Is it possible to get the battery replaced for my MacBook Pro early 2011? If yes where?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.