Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having issues with the podcast app not remembering playback time and if I’ve completed an episode.

I’ve been having two issues with the ios podcast app ever since the last major update with the release of the most recent phones.

The most aggravating issue is that the app doesn’t seem to remember playback time for several podcasts. If I pause a podcast the rememberer playback time will go backwards to a time several minutes to a couple hours where I left off (the same time, seems to be random where the app reverts to) forcing me to scrub to where I left off. This usually seems to be an issue with uploaded MP3 files that I change the media kind to podcast (which I usually do for long YT videos I want to listen to via audio), or for podcasts I don’t subscribe and download one-off episodes. Though it has happened once or twice to podcasts I actually subscribe to.

The other issue I have is that for all podcasts is that the app seems to forget that I finished an episode. If I finish an episode the app won’t auto delet the episode or have it listed as “played” as I have it set up. An episode that I have completed will often re appear under the “Listen Now” section with 20 or so minutes left, even thoug I had either finished that episode or scrubbed to the end to skip an episode I don’t want to listen to (because the app apparently removed the ability to mark an episode as played for some reason). The only way I have been able to fix this second issue is to manage podcasts through iTunes on my computer.

Is anyone else having these issues with the app?

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 7:06 AM

There are no replies.

Having issues with the podcast app not remembering playback time and if I’ve completed an episode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.