Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help and issues ripping music with iTunes

Hello all

I didn't know which forum to post this is so I just picked iTunes as it seems more iTunes related than Apple Music...but it could probably fall under both topics I guess.

I need some help in regards to import music to iTunes. I import my own music collection to go alongside the music I have as part of my Apple Music sub, but lately I've been running into some problems.

When I first signed up with Apple Music everything I imported would "match" with Apple Music, provided of course it was part of the Apple Music library. But if it was, it would have no problem matching all the tracks. But over the past, say 6-8 months, it uploads most of the tracks that it should be matching. I can verify these tracks that are being uploaded are part of the Apple Music library. Most tracks will upload, while a few randomly still match. Any idea why?

The reason I am choosing to import these is to add them to my external hard drive at the same time as adding them to iTunes. So while I understand I could simply just add them to my Apple Music library instead of worrying about if my imports are getting matched or not - I'm doing this to imports them to my hard drive as well as add to the Apple Music library at the same time. I've liked using iTunes as a music manager of sorts for some time now, that's why when Apple Music started and was integrated, it was nice to be able to manage everything all under one roof, so-to-speak. If someone has a suggestion for another program that is good for ripping, tagging, etc that I can use in place of iTunes I'd be happy to hear any.

In some related issues - I've found that when listening back to albums I imported, they stop in the middle of the track and move on to the next track. Sometimes that track cuts short too. I went ahead and listened to these same tracks directly from my hard drive and they are cutting off there too. It's only a few tracks here and there and not every album but I shouldn't have to worry about if it is ripping the entire track or not. Since its on the hard drive then, it doesn't appear its an Apple Music issue per se, but something to do with iTunes? I wouldn't think it would be my computer at fault, would it?

This all started happening about the same time as these "matching" issues I was getting. Not sure if they are related but either way its adding more of a headache to the importing process. So maybe an alternative ripping program would better solve this issue than the issue above. I just really haven't found a program that is as straightforward as iTunes when it comes to a music library manager.

I am using the latest iTunes as well. 12.7.2

Thanks in advance for all the help. Hope I can get these issues cleared up with your feedback!

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 8:00 AM

There are no replies.

help and issues ripping music with iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.