Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive on Apple TV

Problem 1: videos taking up too much space on phone

Solution 1: move videos to iCloud Drive

Problem 2: access the videos from iCloud Drive on Apple TV

Solution 2: ???

I am wanting to move all of the videos from my phone to iCloud Drive and I see that I can access them from the Files app on the iOS devices and iCloud from my iMac. This has solved all of my storage problems because I save and also take many videos. Now that I have videos in my iCloud Drive, I would like to play them on the Apple TV. Any help is appreciated. I would like a solution to this using an Apple app or feature on the Apple TV. Thanks!

Apple TV, 4th generation

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 6:46 PM

I have over 3,000 videos (4 TB) from 20+ years and it's just not practical to store them in the Photos app, even with optimization turned on. Then there is adding users to collaborate with the Drive app and the ability to share without having to send any data because it's already in the cloud. I've used the Photos app for years and have out grown it. If there were a way to play the videos from the iCloud Drive on the Apple TV, it would be perfect.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2017 6:46 PM in response to dunnjm

I have over 3,000 videos (4 TB) from 20+ years and it's just not practical to store them in the Photos app, even with optimization turned on. Then there is adding users to collaborate with the Drive app and the ability to share without having to send any data because it's already in the cloud. I've used the Photos app for years and have out grown it. If there were a way to play the videos from the iCloud Drive on the Apple TV, it would be perfect.

iCloud Drive on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.