Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you use your iPhone with Apple TV to watch shows from a Netflix or U-verse app?

I have a U-verse app and a Netflix app on my iPhone and iPad and wondered if you also have Apple TV, can you connect the two and watch shows from the app on television?

iPhone SE, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 9:34 AM

Hi. The answer is yes, generally. You can use AirPlay to stream programs to Apple TV. But an app can block AirPlay, at its discretion. I'd guess that Netflix should work (but not for downloaded programs), but U-verse may not. Cablecos tend to prefer that you use their set-top box for TV.

1 reply

Can you use your iPhone with Apple TV to watch shows from a Netflix or U-verse app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.