Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime crashing

Facetime 1.0.5 (170) on OS X 10.6.8 crashes everytime I try to pick up an incoming call. When I try to call out, it disconnects everytime the other party tries to pick up.

This is a new problem. I have used FT problem-free for years. I can't think of anything that I've changed which would be causing this. Does anyone have an idea?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 8:35 AM

2 replies

Dec 12, 2017 2:52 AM in response to i_rina

I had already consulted "FaceTime for Mac:Troubleshooting FaceTime - Apple" before making this query. As I stated before, FaceTime has always functioned up until now. The only thing I could take away from this article is the need to upgrade my OS, which for various reasons I'm not able to do.

Is it the case that Apple is no longer writing updates to OS X 10.6.8 with respect to its integrated product FaceTime? Everything evolves, but at least couldn't the integrity of an OS and its related software be preserved so that they function together?

Facetime crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.