Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: when clicking on Siri a window "Assistantd" asks for keychain password

Hi when I click os Siri I immediatley get a window appear on screen asking the Following

ASSISTANTD wants to use your confidential "com.Apple.Assistant" in your keychain.

To allow this "Login" keychain Password

I have NEVER had this before until latest upgrade to 10.13.2

Any one else please, looks a bit 'sus' to me.

Robboard

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 12, 2017 12:08 PM in response to rob board In response to rob board

Hello rob board,

We certainly understand your concern. At this point we'd recommend reaching out to Apple Support to look into this with you. ​They can be reach them by using the following link:

Contact Apple Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Dec 11, 2017 3:05 PM in response to rob board In response to rob board

Hello rob board,

I see that you're getting a pop up message when trying to use Siri. I can understand your concern and I'd be happy to help.

Have you used the Keychain in the past? Or is this the first time that you set it up after updating the software? Also, does this only happen when accessing Siri? Reply back with the answers to these questions and I will look into this further with you.

Have a great day!

Dec 11, 2017 3:05 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 12, 2017 1:35 AM in response to i_rina In response to i_rina

Hi i_rina,

thanks for your response. No, I have not used keychain now, or in the past and yes this window only comes up when accessing Siri. I do not use siri much but as I said this has only started since updating to 10.13.2.

I have a Macbook air, still on Sierra 10.12.6, and this does NOT happen on that.

I hope

Dec 12, 2017 1:35 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 12, 2017 10:05 AM in response to rob board In response to rob board

Hello rob board,

Thanks for getting back to us. Sounds like it may be an issue with the login keychain on the Mac that's been updated to 10.13.2.

You can try to create a new login keychain or update it with your new password (if the password you use to log into your Mac has changed). This article will guide you through those steps:

If your Mac keeps asking for the login keychain password - Apple Support
Have a great day!

Dec 12, 2017 10:05 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 12, 2017 10:14 AM in response to kareng12 In response to kareng12

Hi Karen 12,

thanks for getting back again, I understand what you are telling me but I have never used keychain so do not have a password set up on it, if I log into keychain I presume that will be safe, yes?. Only I feel a bit suspicious of this, at the moment I have disabled Siri!

Regards

Rob board

Dec 12, 2017 10:14 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 12, 2017 11:03 AM in response to kareng12 In response to kareng12

Hi Kareng 12

further to my last email I have logged into keychain, as per article you high lighted, the lock on keychain is working ok so password ok, but when clicking on Siri, which I activated again, I still get asked to log in to keychain??

Regards

Rob Board

Dec 12, 2017 11:03 AM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Helpful

Dec 12, 2017 12:08 PM in response to rob board In response to rob board

Hello rob board,

We certainly understand your concern. At this point we'd recommend reaching out to Apple Support to look into this with you. ​They can be reach them by using the following link:

Contact Apple Support

Have a great day!

Dec 12, 2017 12:08 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: rob board

Question: when clicking on Siri a window "Assistantd" asks for keychain password