Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when clicking on Siri a window "Assistantd" asks for keychain password

Hi when I click os Siri I immediatley get a window appear on screen asking the Following

ASSISTANTD wants to use your confidential "com.Apple.Assistant" in your keychain.

To allow this "Login" keychain Password

I have NEVER had this before until latest upgrade to 10.13.2

Any one else please, looks a bit 'sus' to me.

Robboard

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 9:04 AM

6 replies

Dec 12, 2017 10:05 AM in response to rob board

Hello rob board,

Thanks for getting back to us. Sounds like it may be an issue with the login keychain on the Mac that's been updated to 10.13.2.

You can try to create a new login keychain or update it with your new password (if the password you use to log into your Mac has changed). This article will guide you through those steps:

If your Mac keeps asking for the login keychain password - Apple Support
Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

Dec 11, 2017 3:05 PM in response to rob board

Hello rob board,

I see that you're getting a pop up message when trying to use Siri. I can understand your concern and I'd be happy to help.

Have you used the Keychain in the past? Or is this the first time that you set it up after updating the software? Also, does this only happen when accessing Siri? Reply back with the answers to these questions and I will look into this further with you.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

when clicking on Siri a window "Assistantd" asks for keychain password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.