Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my macbook 13" (2012) pro is shutting down for no reason when it is disconnected from power even though the battery is at %80 and I have to restart it whilst it is connected to power adaptor. What is the problem.

Hi,

I have a Macbook Pro 13" purchased late 2012. It is in good shape and since I am a housewife I don't used it for graphics. Just recently I updated to HIGH SIERRA and the computer has gone bananas.

When I disconnect it from the power adaptor, in 2-3 minutes it shuts down, even though the battery is at %80.

I try turning it on without the power, it does not respond. I then connect it to the power and its back on.

What seems the problem I don't know. Is there a way of resetting the macbook instead of resetting to its factory settings ?

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 9:29 AM

4 replies

Dec 11, 2017 4:06 AM in response to SeaPapp

Hi Mike,

I read the SMC resetting and had done it, however my problem still continued so I called the Apple Support.

They told me to re-install High Sierra, because this problem started occurring after installing High Sierra. So, now I did what they told me to do. I am still testing the situation. If it still continues shutting down then the last option we have to do is to Back-up at Time Machine and reset. I am keeping fingers crossed that all is solved. By the way, my friend also has the problem with her IMAC which was purchased in 2013. Actually she did not download High Sierra but is running on Sierra. My guess is that there may be a problem with Sierra downloads. Anyway, I will keep posting if the problem continues.

my macbook 13" (2012) pro is shutting down for no reason when it is disconnected from power even though the battery is at %80 and I have to restart it whilst it is connected to power adaptor. What is the problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.