Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Realistically, How many users can MM support?

Hi,

We've been a Mac shop since before I came on board, but the death of XServe and the lingering apparent demise of any sort of serious server functionality is leaving me to begin planning for the dreaded W-word for my data center. Question now is how long do I have? I moved an office of ~45 users to a MM with a Promise RAID 1+0 a couple years ago. We also authenticate to an AD 2012r2 and have WRD for a couple business apps that simply do not exist on Mac.

The server does nothing else, just an SMB file server.

But now we're getting closer to 60 users and I'm concerned, even if I find the magical combination off nsmb.conf and other settings, my server simply will not support them. Notwithstanding Tim Cook's comments about the "importance" of MM moving forward and this spring's "please don't leave us, business customers" press gathering, I'm worried.

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat, but would love to hear if anyone else has experience trying to stretch it to five or six dozen without tanking performance and how you did it.

Thanks,

Jeff

Many-OTHER, Xserves, MBPs, Minis, iMacs, etc

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 8:57 AM

There are no replies.

Realistically, How many users can MM support?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.