Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get this message from I-tunes. I-tunes has detedted an I-pod that appears to be corrupted. You may need to restore this i-pod before it can be sued with i-tunes. Can someone tell me how to fix without having to restore it?

I get this error message when I try to sync I-tunes to my I-pod. I-tunes has detected an i-pod that appears to be corrupted. You may need to restore this i-pod before it can be used with i-tunes. Can someone tell me how to fix my i-pod without having to restore it. Won't I lose all my music? Please advise?

iPod classic

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 9:46 AM

2 replies

Dec 11, 2017 7:25 PM in response to Venus5757

Well,

What kind of computer do you have? If you have a Mac you can try to scan it with Disk Utility, but that probably wont work.

On a PC, I dont know of any way to fix that issue. But you can try programs that pull music off the iPod. Just search on Google getting music off iPod Classic without iTunes.

Most of the time when iTunes says a restore is needed you will need to do that.

If you are using iTunes wouldn't the music already be on iTunes, downloaded in purchases or on CD. You could just redownload music.

Unless, you recieved a used iPod from a friend and his music is already on it. If that is the case try the things above and if that does not help, I will say you probably need to restore it.

I get this message from I-tunes. I-tunes has detedted an I-pod that appears to be corrupted. You may need to restore this i-pod before it can be sued with i-tunes. Can someone tell me how to fix without having to restore it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.