Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to unpair apple watch from broken iphone?

I have a Apple Watch paired to a non working iphone and I need to unpair them so that I can pair it with the new iphone. The old iphone cannot recharge, therefore I cannot turn it on to unpair.

Thanks!

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 11:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 12:57 PM

Hello,

Erase your Apple Watch

If you don't have your iPhone and can't unpair, you can still erase all content and settings on your Apple Watch:

1. On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
    User uploaded file
  2. For Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), choose to keep or remove your cellular plan.
    • If you want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again, keep your plan.
    • If you don't want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again, remove your plan. If you aren't going to pair with a different watch or iPhone, you might need to contact your carrier to cancel your cellular subscription.
  3. Tap Erase All to confirm. This resets your Apple Watch to the factory settings.

Try these steps if you forgot your passcode.

Unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2017 12:57 PM in response to esotop

Hello,

Erase your Apple Watch

If you don't have your iPhone and can't unpair, you can still erase all content and settings on your Apple Watch:

1. On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
    User uploaded file
  2. For Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular), choose to keep or remove your cellular plan.
    • If you want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again, keep your plan.
    • If you don't want to pair your Apple Watch and iPhone again, remove your plan. If you aren't going to pair with a different watch or iPhone, you might need to contact your carrier to cancel your cellular subscription.
  3. Tap Erase All to confirm. This resets your Apple Watch to the factory settings.

Try these steps if you forgot your passcode.

Unpair your Apple Watch and iPhone - Apple Support

How to unpair apple watch from broken iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.