Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WebDAV publishing crashes Calendar

I have a calendar that I publish to a WebDAV server and have for a long time. After my recent upgrade to High Sierra, it will consistently crash Calendar when I make a change to the Calendar with "Publish Automatically" enabled.

I can unpublish and republish successfully, at which point I see the HTTP 201 on the WebDAV side. When I make a change and see the crash, I see no traffic on the WebDAV server side, so I suspect something internal about Calendar itself and not handling of an unexpected error code from the WebDAV server. I don't know if this is related to the iOS issue that got fixed recently, where I was unable to subscribe to HTTPS calendars. This WebDAV server is protected with HTTPS and HTTP basic auth.

The crash occurs with creating, updating, or deleting events on the calendar in question.

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.eventkit.eventstore.backingobjects

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '-[CalManagedPublication outstandingOperations]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x600001ab79a0'

terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

abort() called

VIN,Mac mini Server (Mid 2010), macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2017 1:20 PM

I have the same problem on two machines. Both started having the issue after upgrading to High Sierra. Like you I've been doing this a long time(probably since at least 10.6) and it's always worked. I agree that it appears to be a problem within Calendar itself as there is no traffic between it and the WebDAV server. I can reproduce the issue from a new account with a brand new calendar, so it doesn't have anything to do with the events in the calendar either.

The only workaround I've discovered is to not use the "publish changes automatically" option and to manually republish the calendar after any changes. You don't have to unpublish first, just publish it again.

I have submitted the crash report to Apple multiple times and finally called to report it. Supposedly I will be getting a call back to provide more information to help track down the problem.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2017 1:20 PM in response to bzuzga

I have the same problem on two machines. Both started having the issue after upgrading to High Sierra. Like you I've been doing this a long time(probably since at least 10.6) and it's always worked. I agree that it appears to be a problem within Calendar itself as there is no traffic between it and the WebDAV server. I can reproduce the issue from a new account with a brand new calendar, so it doesn't have anything to do with the events in the calendar either.

The only workaround I've discovered is to not use the "publish changes automatically" option and to manually republish the calendar after any changes. You don't have to unpublish first, just publish it again.

I have submitted the crash report to Apple multiple times and finally called to report it. Supposedly I will be getting a call back to provide more information to help track down the problem.

WebDAV publishing crashes Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.