Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock help

I have had my ipad 2 for about 6 years. Im playing sims and all of a sudden i get this activation lock. I own no other apple devices. So i put in the user name and password i used when i set up the ipad 6 years ago, as it says to do, and it says it wont accept it? I obviously have icloud and itunes too. Im quite confused.

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 11:01 AM

As you are probably already aware an Activation Lock is enabled if someone sets it because their device was lost or stolen. As such it may be possible that someone has compromised your Apple ID, and then, set the lock.

The following articles may be helpful:

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2017 11:01 AM in response to Chrissyxlatchem

As you are probably already aware an Activation Lock is enabled if someone sets it because their device was lost or stolen. As such it may be possible that someone has compromised your Apple ID, and then, set the lock.

The following articles may be helpful:

Dec 10, 2017 11:31 AM in response to Tesserax

Its coming up r●●●●●@me.com

I hav no idea who this is, my apple account is obviously linked to my device with its serial number etc. I havnt erased it, or sold it, or bought it 2nd hand. It says i can take it off using icloud, which i have, however can not access it as my phone is a samsung and wont support it.

I have changed my password as well.

Dec 10, 2017 11:32 AM in response to Chrissyxlatchem

Exactly the same thing happened to me about 2-3 hours ago whilst I was using it, I’ve had my iPad 2 for about 5-6 years now and it’s saying my id and password isn’t right, but it is, I spoke to Apple support and they told me there’s nothing they can do unless I show them proof of purchase which I don’t have since I bought around 6 years ago now

Dec 22, 2017 1:25 PM in response to Chrissyxlatchem

Apple store has said that it can often occur when the iPad hasn’t been updated and it will automatically update and restart and this has caused the lock to come on after the update, however they said they don’t understand why the clue email is not mine and still won’t unlock it without proof of purchsse, what a nightmare I wouldn’t really mind it’s just the fact there is all of my family photos on there which I just want off

Activation lock help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.