Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes wont let me pick a single song, and every time i hit skip it just freaks out and goes through my entire library.. someone help

itunes will not let me pick music or shuffle correctly

MacBook Pro, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 11:55 AM

4 replies

Dec 11, 2017 8:04 PM in response to cocobear32

Hey, cocobear32,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that iTunes on your MacBook Pro is not behaving as expected. Specifically, it is cycling through your whole library, not allowing you to select music, and does not shuffle as expected. I'm happy to help!

First, quit the iTunes app. You can do this from within the iTunes app by pressing Command+Q on your keyboard, or using your mouse to select iTunes > Quit iTunes option from the menu bar. Once iTunes is closed, reopen it while holding the shift key on your keyboard. Then, check to see how it is behaving.

If issues continue. The next recommendation is to restart your MacBook Pro. You can do this by clicking the Apple  menu and selecting "Restart..." from the drop down. Once the computer is back on, test iTunes.

Next, use safe mode if the issue persists. Information on safe mode, including why its helpful and how to boot to it, can be found here: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support .

Don't hesitate to respond back if you continue to have trouble.

Cheers!

iTunes wont let me pick a single song, and every time i hit skip it just freaks out and goes through my entire library.. someone help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.