Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot write Hebrew font after up-date high Sierra

macine MacBook Pro 2011

key board option, Hebrew, Arabic, English, Japanese,

Hebrew and Arabic is not work since last up-date

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), operation language - Japanese /

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2017 6:26 PM

JasonYHT wrote:

I am having the exactly problem.

Several others have reported this problem, which Apple has to fix. After using Chinese/Japanese/Korean, switching to Cyrillic/Arabic/Hebrew/Greek (and maybe some others) does not work, unless you first switch to US or some other Latin layout in between.

Be sure to ask Apple to fix it via

http://www.apple.com/feedback

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2017 6:26 PM in response to JasonYHT

JasonYHT wrote:

Several others have reported this problem, which Apple has to fix. After using Chinese/Japanese/Korean, switching to Cyrillic/Arabic/Hebrew/Greek (and maybe some others) does not work, unless you first switch to US or some other Latin layout in between.

Be sure to ask Apple to fix it via

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Dec 25, 2017 6:24 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

The problem is that you can't use Arabic and other Asian language together. When you are using Arabic input with Japanese or Chinese input as a language pair, Arabic input will not work correctly.

Say, you are making a biligual document in Arabic and Japanse, you switch to Arabic input after typing Japanse, Arabic input will just work as an English input, no Arabic character is shown at all. There's is a work around though, when you finish working with Asian language, make Arabic and English as language pair, then you will able to input Arabic. It is annoying that you can't use Arabic together with other Asian language though.

Dec 25, 2017 3:31 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Hi Tom, Thanks for the response.

After some try and error, the problem seems to be random, or I should say that it happens in a very strange way.

I have some other third party input. Some of them does work with Arabic, and some of them does not. In my case, Arabic does work with IMKQIM which is a Chinese input, but does not work with built in Chinese input and other third party’s input. It is very strange.

Apple definitely have to fix this.

Dec 25, 2017 7:04 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

Hi Tom. Thanks your reply. I wrote the feed back regarding this issue to Apple. Actually I did reset my OS(clean up) bcz Apple shop supporter suggest me to do. but other problem come out. I cannot finish new install high Sierra, They freeze just around 20min before finished.... I tried 3 times as same situation. only success reinstall by using time machine recovery. But this way it still exists the font problem.

I cannot write Hebrew font after up-date high Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.