Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to restore my entire downloads folder. In the instructions I can only do it item by item within the folder. Is there a way to do the entire folder.

I want to restore my entire downloads folder. In time machine it appears i can only restore item by item. Can I restore the entire folder.

iMac

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 2:36 PM

Yes, but if you don't find a Downloads folder in the backup you should be able to select all the contents at one time and restore them all. Please visit Pondini's Time Machine FAQ for help with Time Machine. This is an extensive site with most everything you may need for using Time Machine. You will not find a better resource for Time Machine in one location. Due to the passing of James Pondini, the site is no longer being updated. Therefore, some of the information may be a little outdated.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2017 2:36 PM in response to Dear Jane

Yes, but if you don't find a Downloads folder in the backup you should be able to select all the contents at one time and restore them all. Please visit Pondini's Time Machine FAQ for help with Time Machine. This is an extensive site with most everything you may need for using Time Machine. You will not find a better resource for Time Machine in one location. Due to the passing of James Pondini, the site is no longer being updated. Therefore, some of the information may be a little outdated.

I want to restore my entire downloads folder. In the instructions I can only do it item by item within the folder. Is there a way to do the entire folder.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.