Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

burning music

why cant I burn music from my iTunes to a blank cd

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 11:53 AM

1 reply

Dec 11, 2017 11:59 AM in response to Newyorkmetsbaseball8

Good afternoon Newyorkmetsbaseball8,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are trying to burn a CD from your iTunes Library. Have you been able to do this in the past? What happens when you try?
The only music you can burn to a blank CD is music that you purchased online or imported to your iTunes Library from retail CDs. Music that you've downloaded for offline listening from the Apple Music catalog cannot be burned to a CD.
In order to burn a CD, you first need to create a playlist containing the music that you want. You drag the songs in the playlist in the order that you want them to play, and then you choose File > Burn Playlist to Disc from the Menu bar at the top of the iTunes application. You can also choose File > Print > CD jewel case insert for a printed copy of the playlist.
The resource below explains the process in more detail:
iTunes for Windows: Disc burning overview
Please reply to this thread if you need more help after trying the steps outlined here.
Enjoy the music!

burning music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.