Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock screen icon question

iPhone X has a couple on/off sliders on the lock screen under the battery/Wi-Fi icon. What are these for?

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 1:48 PM

This is the standard iPhone X lock screen, with the flashlight in the lower left and camera in the lower right. (I made this photo black and white so it could fit in this post. It is otherwise correct and accurate.)

If you're asking about the horizontal bar under the battery - Wi-Fi icon, it is to indicate that is where you swipe down to see the Control Center.

Do you see something different? It is likely not the traditional lock screen. It would be very helpful if you posted a screen shot.

User uploaded file

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2017 1:48 PM in response to Donald.nettleton

This is the standard iPhone X lock screen, with the flashlight in the lower left and camera in the lower right. (I made this photo black and white so it could fit in this post. It is otherwise correct and accurate.)

If you're asking about the horizontal bar under the battery - Wi-Fi icon, it is to indicate that is where you swipe down to see the Control Center.

Do you see something different? It is likely not the traditional lock screen. It would be very helpful if you posted a screen shot.

User uploaded file

Dec 10, 2017 1:59 PM in response to Donald.nettleton

Look for the camera icon where you are typing.

User uploaded file

The iPhone X screen captures are very large. You are restricted to a 2MB file attached to your conversation. That's why I had to make the screen capture black and white above.

Dec 10, 2017 2:58 PM in response to Donald.nettleton

OK, I think I've figured it out!

Check this out:

User uploaded file

Indeed that is exactly what you are seeing - those "on/off sliders" as you call them are exactly the Control Center icon!

The above comes from this article:

https://9to5mac.com/2017/09/27/iphone-x-lock-screen-home-screen-video/

So my guess is that at one time (perhaps even now), you ran or are running a beta version of iOS 11 and/or iOS 11.2 that contained the Control Center icon, which is now gone.

Dec 10, 2017 2:03 PM in response to sberman

Forgot to mention I’m on my phone, not my Mac. So, picture two small on/off sliders (like the ones that turn green when you toggle them) directly under the Wi-Fi/battery icons in the upper right hand corner. That is the only way I can explain it. Sorry. The mobile app doesn’t allow pics. I could email you a pic. That’s the best I got

Lock screen icon question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.