Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is this menu icon and how can I remove?

User uploaded file

I've checked PreferencePanes, Extensions, Log-in Items, Activity Monitor and Console and I can't figure out what this is. When you click on it, the MenuItem says, "Open Console".

Anyone know what this is and how to remove?

Thanks for any ideas,

Guido!

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 5:55 PM

I figured out what it is. When trying to open the console menu, I noticed an entry in console from 'rapportd':

User uploaded file

After a few web searches, I found the link to uninstall the Trusteer Endpoint Protection (Rapport) from your Macintosh computer. I must have installed this when setting up Quicken or one of my banking accounts. 😝 After downloading and running the Uninstall Rapport app, the menu item is gone!

Thanks for replies!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2017 5:55 PM in response to Guido79

I figured out what it is. When trying to open the console menu, I noticed an entry in console from 'rapportd':

User uploaded file

After a few web searches, I found the link to uninstall the Trusteer Endpoint Protection (Rapport) from your Macintosh computer. I must have installed this when setting up Quicken or one of my banking accounts. 😝 After downloading and running the Uninstall Rapport app, the menu item is gone!

Thanks for replies!

Dec 10, 2017 5:11 PM in response to Guido79

Thanks for the reply @Kappy

User uploaded file

No Console app or window appears when selecting the "Open Console" menu item. The icon is in the menu bar amongst my other icons. If I press the Cmd key and try to drag it away, the cursor turns into the prohibitory circle with slash icon which tells me it can't be command-dragged from the menubar 😕.

What is this menu icon and how can I remove?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.