Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Corrupt saving eating space?

OK, I have had a problem with saving space with my iPhone 6 plus. The "other" and "documents" bars are insanely large by comparison to photos or apps. 6gigs each with photos using only 500mb. I have deleted TONS of pictures from my txt messages but it doesn't show. I can even use Messenger on my Mac and the pictures I have deleted on my phone txt still show up when I click details so they're still hidden somewhere eating away at my phone space witihout actually being on my phone. How do I fix this? My friends can't send me pictures anymore because I don't have space. I have to keep erasing and restoring my phone to clear it all out. thanks I hope you have a great day!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 12:54 PM

3 replies

Dec 10, 2017 1:03 PM in response to bobsbarricades

First of all, be certain you are using the current version of iOS.

Then, once you restore the iPhone, go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage and enable "Offload Unused Apps" and "iCloud Photo Library", assuming the indicated storage savings is worth achieving. Finally, check each app shown there to be certain the storage use is in line with expectations.

Corrupt saving eating space?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.