Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get Apple Music to sync with new iPhone 8

Yesterday, I acquired a new iPhone 8, upgrading from an iPhone 6s. Both had the most recent iOS installed, 11.2

I backed up the 6s so I could easily transfer contacts, etc to the new phone. I'm on a PC laptop running Windows 10, and have iTunes version 12.2.7.58 which I believe is the most recent version.

I was able to restore the phone, but discovered that I could not get anything I had added to my iCloud library to sync to the new phone. No matter what I did, I could not get anything to transfer. I test adding new songs to the library and saw them showing up on my old phone (I was home and everything was connected to my WiFi network). I spent 5 hours with a couple very helpful Apple Support agents, but they couldn't troubleshoot this problem. We reset the phone, I've signed in and out of my AppleID and my iTunes account several times. I can see everything on my laptop.

I did signed out of my AppleID on the old phone, even went as far as doing a factory reset on it. The new phone, any iTunes purchases I've made have synced without issue.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I've made sure that Apple Music and iCloud Library was checked in iTunes and turned on on my phone. Like the agents, I am at a loss as to what's going on.

iPhone 8, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 3:03 PM

There are no replies.

Can't get Apple Music to sync with new iPhone 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.