Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule and High Sierra

I’ve had my Time Capsule for 6 years now. I have an external hd connected to it that I store mostly videos for my Plex Server, along with other files and such. It’s worked like a charm. In a way that I never even had to think about it. It did its job perfectly.

Ever since I updated to High Sierra, I have to Manually reconnect with password every time I disconnect. Every time the computer powers off, every time the computer goes to sleep, and every time I remove my laptop out of Wi-Fi range or disconnect from ethernet. Oddly, it will back up to time machine properly, but I cannot access any files on the Time Capsule or the external hard drive until I manually reconnect with password.

For The six years I’ve owned this device I put the password in one time. The day I set it up. Now I have to do it numerous times per day. Is there anything that I can do?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2017 4:52 PM

Open Keychain Access and find the password entry for the drive connected to the TC.

Delete the entry.

Connect again and see if it retains the password.

2 replies

Time Capsule and High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.